About Me

My photo
I am Carlie Gilbert. I just recently graduated from Brigham Young University Hawaii. That's right. I lived in Hawaii, which was a dream and half. Now I'm living in Dallas and teaching Elementary School. I would never call myself a fashionista but I do love thrift store shopping or a good retail sale. So this blog is a glace at some of the outfits I have put together. Enjoy!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ashley Joy



I don't think I will ever understand how two people can be so deeply having the exact feeling about two totally different lives and futures. Last night I was texting with Ashley about my unsureness about life and if I was settling and what is going to make my life worth while. And she tells me things that I know but she puts more feeling behind it. She told me that I need to do what will make me happy and that life itself is what is meaningful. And then I found this on her myspace blog and it moved me. We are so different and yet I feel everything she is feeling. I just think its inspiring to be able to empathize with people.


If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
summer is ohh so near. and I'm making plans that i know will actually happen. i quit my job, got my plane tickets, ate dinner, and I'm ready to bust out of this town. 4 more days of school, and i literally cannot wait. i have huge dreams for this summer. plan= 1. I'm getting to know my friend Jesus better. 2. not giving in to any form of peer pressure. 3. thinking about what i actually want to do with my life. 4. I'm going to try and find out what the true meaning of love is. 5. take pictures until my camera cant hold anymore. 6. live life on the edge, even if its only the edge of the pool. 7. change my life for the better. 8. change a friends life for the better. 9. make my mom stop crying when she sees me. 10. inform my dad that I'm not the girl he thinks i am [I'm much more] 11. learn how to speak my heart. 12. let everyone know i am not my brother. I'm Ashley. 13. i might even let people see the real me [after i figure that out] 14. I'm going to travel as much as i want. 15. and I'm going to have more fun than i have ever had in my life. i know the select few that read this will just blow my list off, and think nothing of it, but this summer is going to be life changing for me. i am going to tell everyone my thoughts, dreams, and wishes, and I'm going to close my eyes at night not knowing what the future holds for me. I'm so stoked. i have changed so much this year, and instead of planning a summer of getting as messed up as possible, and spending all my money on drugs and alcohol. I'm freaking making something of myself. I'm doing whats right in my life. and that is the best feeling in the world.♥

Basically I just wanted to say DITO.

I love you Ashley.

2 comments:

  1. i love you too carlie bear, im so happy im here to help you throught things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said! I lOVE it!

    ReplyDelete