They say if you really want to know a person, get to their family and their roots. I don't know who "they" is but I've found this to be true. I had Monday off of school and AshleyJoy asked me to go to her great-grandparents house in Arkansas. We left after school on Friday and it was a 5 hour drive there so we got in pretty late and just went to sleep. The next day Grandma took us into town to go shopping! We went to this little thrift store where I found the coolest stuff. I got a Victoria Secret bag for 50 cents and a Pilgrims pride tote bag for 50 cents. I got Grant a tie. Me a dress and a sweater and some other cool stuff. Then we went to this big store kinda like Khols where I found more awesome stuff! I got some super cute Tommy Hilfiger shoes for 12 bucks and a lot of really inexpensive super cute jewelry! We came home and made some amazing chocolate chip cookies and banana pudding. The next day we spent having a good old country time! We rode four-wheelers and we shot guns. Yea, they trusted me with a pistol. The whole weekend was just a lot of fun! Ashley and I have such whats the word ah unique senses of humor, we laughed A LOT. After spending the weekend with her family, especially her grandma, I understand her so much better. Some things that didn't make sense before do now. I know Ashleys going to ask me what exactly I mean but that but I really can't put it to words. Oh yea, did I mention that her dad caught an armadillo? haha..
I forgot my camera, so I'll have to get the pics from Ashley but they are soon to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment