This year was a year of changes. There's something about the new year that makes you look back and either pat yourself of the back or kick yourself. I suppose I'll be doing both. About this time a year ago I fell for a boy, a boy who changed my life. This boy was smart and nice and we always had fun together. We made each other happy. Call it bad timing, call it dumb teenagers, call it what you want but, things didn't end the way we would have liked. But because of this boy, this boy that walked all over me, I changed. I changed for the better. I no longer let people walk all over me. I don't depend on others for my happiness. And to those few individuals who were there for me through it all, I will be eternally grateful. Those people have some crazy patience, listening, and providing a shoulder to cry on abilities.
I also quit drill team this year. Possibly one of the best decisions I've ever made. You know other than saying no to the non-alcoholic beer at that party. Quitting drill team was so very liberating. It's hard to put my finger on why exactly I didn't try out again, but I'm just very happy that I didn't.



With out drill team I've had time to just hangout with my friends and family, because lets face it, I'm leaving soon...On that note. I haven't made it blog official, mostly because I've been busy and just plain lazy, that I'm probably not going to go straight to BYU in the fall. I want to nanny in a foreign country. From the summer time until December, and then head up to school in January. I want to do this for several reasons, mainly because I think it'll be fun. But there are some practical reasons also. I want to do this because when I graduate high school I will have 30+ college hours, and at the rate I'm going I'll get my teaching degree before I'm 21 and can legally teach. And some money to fall back on for school would be nice. I'm so excited for graduation. I've already starting weeding out my stuff, I even asked for luggage for Christmas. I'm scared to death but so very excited. This year is going to be even better than the one before it. Don't get me wrong I've loved this year. I have the best friends a girl could ask for. I am myself 100% of the time. I don't care about what people think of me. And these have all taken a long time to come to. François de la Rochefoucauld (a French writer with a funny name that I know nothing about) once said, "The only thing constant in life is change". This next year is going to be a good one. 



Just some random pictures from this past year in no particular order.









No comments:
Post a Comment