About Me

My photo
I am Carlie Gilbert. I just recently graduated from Brigham Young University Hawaii. That's right. I lived in Hawaii, which was a dream and half. Now I'm living in Dallas and teaching Elementary School. I would never call myself a fashionista but I do love thrift store shopping or a good retail sale. So this blog is a glace at some of the outfits I have put together. Enjoy!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Laie Temple.



As if I wasn't blessed enough to be able to attend school in Hawaii, the temple is being rededicated while I am here. The open house has been going to for awhile and they asked for volunteers to come clean at night after all the tour had been given. We showed up last night ready to work and we were given a really neat tour where our tour guide shared a lot of personal experiences and told us about a lot of detail that normal due to time constraints is not normally shared. We got to see the bride's room which was absolutely beautiful. I am not interested in getting married anytime soon but it was a great feeling to know that I one would prepare to get sealed for all time and eternity in that very room. We were taken through the rest of the temple and it was stunningly perfect. All of the rooms were so beautiful. I cannot wait until the temple is dedicated so I can regularly go do baptisms for the dead. I was asked to clean the inside of the temple. We went and wiped down everything in the kitchen to the cafeteria which took about 10 minutes, and then the four of us were given a private tour of the temple presidents office, the matrons office, the nursery, the children's room, and the rooms where temple workers are trained. It was such a great experience. As beautiful and perfect as the temple was, you could tell that it was not yet dedicated. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am without doubt that this place is exactly where I am supposed to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment