About Me

My photo
I am Carlie Gilbert. I just recently graduated from Brigham Young University Hawaii. That's right. I lived in Hawaii, which was a dream and half. Now I'm living in Dallas and teaching Elementary School. I would never call myself a fashionista but I do love thrift store shopping or a good retail sale. So this blog is a glace at some of the outfits I have put together. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I carried a watermelon

"There are a lot of things about me that aren't what you thought. But if you love me, you have to love all the things about me" - Baby in Dirty Dancing

I want you to know that my room is always a mess, that I make the best chocolate cake you will ever taste, that my family is big and loud, that I will laugh at almost anything, that if you ever hate on my music I will hurt you. I want you to know that quote movies indefinitely, that I bruise really really easy so the slightest playful hit will leave a bruise and I will tell everyone how abusive you are. I want you to know that I love boy things like football, four wheelers, and knee boarding. I want you to know that I will tell you random stories at conversational gaps. I want you to know that I'm smart, and I think a lot. I want you to know that I HATE being called baby. I want you to know that I am a very bad speller, and that I know the words to 99% of every country song ever sung. I want you to know that I hate scary movies, and that I love singing even though I'm not good at it. I want you to know that I love to ride horses, and that my drink at Sonic is the Lemon Slush. I want you to know that I'm no stranger to heart break. I want you to know that I blog all the time. I want you to know that I don't shave my legs as often as I should, and that I love to read. I want you to know that I have more scars and cooler scars than you do. I want you to know that I can't see and I refuse to wear my glasses, and that On The Border is my heaven on earth. I want you to know that I love roller coasters. I want you to know that anytime there is music on I will be dancing to it, and that at any moment I will have a dance party. I want you to know that I have a country accent, because I've lived in Texas all my life. I want you to know that I am a good listener and that I give good advise, because odds are I've probably been there. I want you to know that I really don't care what other people think about me. I want you to know that I am real.

I don't just want you to know these things, I want you to love these things.

3 comments:

  1. wow, I'd have to agree with alot of those things. My room is... a tornado right now. I've never tried a Lemon slush before though, maybe i should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you Carlie Gilbert to know that I love you, and I love those things about you. You are such a fantabulous person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phillis. I want you to know that you are basically my bestest friend in the whole world. I want you to know that you need to do a Maggie Blog because Im going to blog about you the very second I get home. I love you a bunches.

    ReplyDelete