About Me

My photo
I am Carlie Gilbert. I just recently graduated from Brigham Young University Hawaii. That's right. I lived in Hawaii, which was a dream and half. Now I'm living in Dallas and teaching Elementary School. I would never call myself a fashionista but I do love thrift store shopping or a good retail sale. So this blog is a glace at some of the outfits I have put together. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nauvoo

My church history trip was amazing, it was so fun and really spiritual.


Mags and Me


Amber Lee


Maggie, Me, Carrie, Amber, and Diana


Amber, Mags, and Me



The rest of the pics are off the Internet because I'm incapable of remembering a camera. Liberty Jail was really cool. That place was really set apart for all of the revelations received there.


Across the street from a LDS visitors center was the Community of Christ temple. We went from feeling the Spirit in the visitors center, to feeling nothing but emptiness in the RLDS temple. It was such an amazing contrast.



We walked all around the town of Nauvoo and toured Joesph Smith's houses and different cool places. The temple was so pretty. We also went to a production called sunset on the Mississippi ( I just had to sing the song to spell that) which was really fun!



Carthage Jail was indescribable. The Spirit was so strong there. I knew the Joesph Smith was a real and living prophet but standing in the room where he was killed just made it so real.



If you have never been, I suggest you do, it changed my life.

1 comment: