I've been in Hawaii for almost a month, and in that time I've realized so much. I thought I could plan my entire future and just insert the perfect man in at the perfect time. Much to my dismay I've found myself pulling out of the mold in my mind. I don't want to be confined to anything. I may very well end up teaching 3rd grade and be perfectly content with that, but I don't have a crystal ball. I've changed things up, my major is now a double major in Elementary Education and Special Education with a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). With this my possibilities in the education field are endless. I'd love to teach in another country especially teaching special needs kids. But who knows what I'll be doing in 3 short years from now. But I'm thrilled for whatever the outcome may be. I still hope to plug in an awesome guy sometime down the road, but not anytime soon. It was never part of the plan to be here, I was supposed to be Provo or in some foreign country nannying. But plans change and I'm so happy they do! The Lord has a plan for me and I'm enjoying figuring it out as I go.

I was so happy to read this Carlie! You would be a great teacher! I got my degree in Spec. Ed., so if you ever want to chat about that, let me know! Our kids with special needs need good quality teachers; you fit the bill!! Good Luck-choosing a major is that hard part.
ReplyDelete