About Me

My photo
I am Carlie Gilbert. I just recently graduated from Brigham Young University Hawaii. That's right. I lived in Hawaii, which was a dream and half. Now I'm living in Dallas and teaching Elementary School. I would never call myself a fashionista but I do love thrift store shopping or a good retail sale. So this blog is a glace at some of the outfits I have put together. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dagum Swine Flu

So as I'm packing all of my new clothes and preparing for my drill team trip to San Antonio this weekend, I get this email:

Hello everyone,
As I am sure you all know; Texas is currently dealing with an unexpected outbreak of the swine flu. As a result of the outbreak, UIL has made the decision to cancel all academic and athletic events until May 11th. The cancellation of all UIL events presents an interesting situation in regards to the Highstepper trip to San Antonio .
I contacted the student travel/tour company to explore our options at this point. The travel company is closely monitoring recommendations from the CDC and at this point they have not cancelled any upcoming festivals/competitions/performances due to the swine flu outbreak unlike UIL. Since we are so close to our departure date and there have been no performance cancellations we are unable to cancel our trip and receive any type of refund.
Unfortunately, this is not a situation that any of us could have foreseen and at this point we need your input as parents. We realize that you have invested a considerable amount of money into this trip for the girls that will not be recuperated if we cancel, so your thoughts are extremely important to us. We have scheduled a meeting for 6 PM Thursday evening in the high school cafeteria to discuss this matter. We want to ensure that we make the best decision possible for our students’.
As always, I appreciate your continued support!
Stacie Weisberg


Stupid Pigs.

3 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Jessica got hosed out of her trip to the Regional Track Meet, too! I agree, Stupid Pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, love the Twilight song playing on your blog!

    ReplyDelete